2020 Vision-Giving Back

In case you haven't heard (like, if you were living under a rock-and in that case, call me. I have a great house for you!), it is now a new year.  2020 to be exact.  I'm not a big resolution person. For me, long term goals need to be figured on my own time, and the turning of the calendar from December 31st to January 1st doesn't motivate me.  You may be different though, and honestly?  That's awesome-good luck! We accomplish our goals on our own time.

One thing I did decide to implement this year though has gone through as of January 1st.  As many of you know, I love our community.  It's very important to me to give back in ways that make an impact on a local level.  I enjoy shopping in locally-owned businesses, locally-owned restaurants are my favorite places to eat, and when it comes to organizations that help others, it makes my heart happy to know that our residents help them to continue their good work.

To that extent, while I always have given to charities and organizations, I am now making a pledge to begin giving $100.00 of my commissions from each of my real estate transactions to an organization that helps our community-I will have a list for my clients to choose from.  These will range from any school in the corridor area (earmarked to any program you choose), Helping Hands Free Clinic, Families Helping Families, Revival Theatre Company, and more (complete list available upon request).  The only exceptions to the local non-profits will be the option of giving to St. Jude's Children's Hospital or The Wounded Warrior Project (both very close to my heart).

I would love to know your thoughts-any ideas on organizations I may not have thought of?  What are your favorite non-profits to help?

Comments

Popular Posts